Monday, April 16, 2012

Delicious Cookie Dough Pie crust


According to a recent survey I read in one of my gagillion food magazines, cookies are one of Portland’s favorite baked goods. Because of Portland's love of cookies, I created an awesome recipe that will allow you to have cookies with your pie too. Come on, who doesn’t love a cookie? Now that you have a recipe for the filling, the whipped cream on top, and now the crust you can make an awesome pie on your own.
You Need:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1 cup AP flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup sugar
This recipe makes one 9-inch piecrust.
Step 1:
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix on high for about one minute. It will turn into a large ball of dough.
Step 2:
Place in a pie tin and distribute evenly throughout the pan until it is covered, an 1/8 of an inch  should stick over the edge because it will shrink once baked.
Step 3:
Wrap in plastic and freeze until you are ready to use or fill and bake at the appropriate temperature as the rest of the pie indicates.

*On a completely unrelated side note--* I am a really crappy food picture taker. I have horrible lighting, I can't ever get close enough to show good detail without being blurry and the list goes on. So, I have no pics on any of my blog posts so far. :( I have been considering hiring someone to do the photos for me. The arthritis in my hands has gotten so bad I shake anyway.

2 comments: